WEEK 5 - THE STATEMENT COAT

20:32







Before I start this post I would like to mention/apologise/explain that my mother (who happens to be hilariously bad at taking photos) was taking my photos this week since I am at home. I am laughing or talking in every photo because I was trying to explain to her how to use a camera and laughing at her concentration face.

LAZINESS POINTS
10/10
A very simple way to look like you put in an effort when in reality zero effort was needed. I also in one night got 4 different friends compliment my 'new' jacket. I have in fact owned this coat for 4 years now (ahead of the curve if you ask me.) (joking.) I think that the reason I haven't worn this coat much before was I always thought it looked fancy and when I wore it I would dress fancy and end up looking... well... fancy. I don't really do fancy. I'm clumsy and loud and have not a single ounce of elegance to my name. Styling this with a much more casual outfit made more sense for me, as it dressed up the outfit and the outfit dressed down the coat.

ABILITY TO CYCLE TO UNI
8/10
Not bad at all, just a bit flappy. Definitely had to sit on the coat, letting it flap freely behind was not an option as it kept hitting the tyre and could have got caught. Also, unwanted superman connotations.

COMFORT THROUGHOUT THE DAY
9/10
very warm and cosy. VERY much needed as the temperature in Aberdeen has plummeted in the past week leaving students all across the city torn between paying for heating or putting on a third dressing gown. The beauty of a coat is that you can take it off when you get to class so you don't have to sit around in it, meaning it doesn't really get a chance to be un-comfy. It loses a mark for the reason that it is not comfy enough to sit around the flat in.

HOW IT MAKES ME FEEL
10/10
I don't know if its the scarlet colour or the slightly padded shoulders but this coat makes me feel like a boss, and thats class.

HOW IT LOOKS
9/10
I'm just really into this coat. Why did I not wear it much even though I have had it for AGES? well done 16 year old me... well done.

You Might Also Like

0 comments