WEEK 1 - MY CURRENT STYLE

16:13





LAZINESS POINTS
10/10
This is the easiest thing to throw together that I think exists. I am a very messy, unorganised person and this style lends itself to these qualities very well. like, seriously, curry stain on the bottom of your  favourite t-shirt? never fear, dungarees are here! They cover probably about 70% of whatever you are wearing on your top half, so to be quite honest it doesn't really matter what top you wear with them, a plain white tee will do fine. (or whatever else you can find in the mountain of clothes on your floor) That and a pair of manky trainers and you're good. ish.

ABILITY TO CYCLE TO UNI
9/10
Now, this would be a 10, if it wasn't for the dungarees straps sometimes needing adjusted to comfortably reach the handle bars without giving you a wedgie. But comfy shoes, loose trousers/dungarees and a t-shirt is pretty much perfect for a short cycle to uni.

COMFORT THROUGHOUT THE DAY
10/10
Its just so comfy, there's really not that much to say. It even keeps your tummy/back all warm as there's no gap between t-shirt and trousers.

HOW IT MAKES ME FEEL
7/10
Right so,  I obviously like how i feel most the time, otherwise i wouldn't still be wearing these clothes. BUT. I love seeing people adventure in fashion, wear whatever they want and express themselves through the clothing they wear and the way they do their hair etc. In a way, my clothes do express myself: messy, late and a bit all over the place.  But they do not express the good parts of myself. So I want to be more confident and adventurous with my style.

HOW IT LOOKS
5/10
Not going to lie, I love the look of dungarees, but I totally recognise that most people see them as clothes for 5 year olds, bums and hill billys. The negative connotations they get are probably laziness and sloppiness.

OVERALL GRADE AND COMMENTS
41/50
A high score due to practicality, losing points over the actual style of the clothes. Would I wear again? of course, but trying to incorporate new things is the whole point of this project.




NEXT WEEK:
Skirts.

Photos by http://www.copperpink.com

You Might Also Like

4 comments